*Pharmacist - Prior Authorizations
Remote Full Time Pharmacist position available with a Major PBM / Pharmaceutical Company based in Texas! Please Apply now with Luke H. at A-Line Staffing!
WORK FROM HOME
*Must be located within the state of Texas*
The basic function of the pharmacist is (1) review and complete criteria based prior authorization as per policy and procedure, (2) provide on-call after hours pharmacist availability for urgent PA requests and (3) provide internal pharmacist support to the PA team and member services department.
Mon-Fri 8-4: 30 for training x4 weeks then Mon-Fri 9: 30-6
Must ensure the potential new hire understands:
This will be direct hire to work-from-home due to COVID.
They must understand they cannot be the primary caregiver to anyone in their home during scheduled work hours
They are required to provide their own high speed internet.
Minimal home broadband connectivity speed of 25 mb download and 3 mb upload speed. Speed for home internet can be confirmed by going to www.speedtest.net.
They must have sufficient/private work area that is used for business during their work hours.
Their current living accommodations are in a stable situation.
That the assignment could be changed to an in office assignment.
Ensure employee is aware of the Teleworker Privacy Practices they need to abide by.
Must take steps to ensure that work area is secure and protects company property and confidential information from inadvertent or unauthorized access or theft including:
Equipment and information are secure from inadvertent and/or unauthorized access or theft at all times.
Workspace is dedicated to company business during working hours and is not accessible by others who may be present in the household; telephone conversations cannot be overheard, and documents/computer screens cannot be viewed by others.
When not working, the computer is shut off. For short departures from the work area, the workstation must be locked or computer shut down.
- Active TX state licensed pharmacist (BS Pharmacy or Pharm D) with current license to practice with no restrictions.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in PBM, retail or mail pharmacy experience.
- PA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly assess and adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Required to possess a high mental agility and alertness.
- Knowledge of company' s prior authorization operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Demonstrated problems solving ability and attention to detail,
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with great dependability, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess and adapt to constantly changing situations, phone and PC use, required to possess a high mental agility and alertness.
- Ability to effectively communicate with pharmacists, other clinical colleagues, healthcare professionals and members
- Ability to effectively prioritize work while exhibiting a high level of urgency with all calls and assignments
- Follows all prior authorization procedures to ensure a timely and accurate process on each prior authorization
- Ability to effectively train and mentor representatives on the PA team
- Execute other PA assignments as delegated by the PA supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor' s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD