Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday; Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 77041
Ensures safe, efficacious, rational, and cost-effective patient medication therapy by influencing physicians' use of resources and monitoring drug effectiveness. Develops and improves integrated clinical and distributive pharmaceutical services. Reviews physician orders, coordinates dispensing of medications, and provides clinical and educational services to other healthcare professionals and pediatric patients and their families in compliance with state and federal laws. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- PharmD (or equivalent experience) and graduation from an accredited pharmacy school
- Georgia licensed pharmacist or eligible
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- 1 year of experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Experience in a pediatric hospital pharmacy
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated use of problem identifying and solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple groups of healthcare professionals and communicate effectively with patients and parents/caregivers
- Reviews, processes, and dispenses all physician medication and intravenous solution orders, ensuring appropriateness of dosage and use based on patient age, weight, and diagnosis.
- Interacts and participates with team members and other healthcare providers for the provision of safe and cost-effective drug therapy for assigned patient care teams.
- Provides drug information to healthcare professionals.
- Ensures rational medication use and continuous performance improvement throughout the healthcare system.
- Supervises area(s) when in charge.
- Serves as a preceptor to new employees and pharmacy practice residents/students.
- Maintains individual competence and develops professional practice management skills.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including N = Neonate (less than 30 days), I = Infant (30 days to 1 year), EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years), LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years), A = Adolescent (13-17 years), AD = Adult, and ALL = all ages.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health - Pharmacy