Pharmacy Intern - Mercy Hospital OKC
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service. At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work. "
To assist the Clinical Pharmacist in performing all pharmacy functions as Pharmacy Intern in accordance with the Oklahoma Pharmacy Laws and Regulations Handbook.
- Interact with other pharmacy staff members of the Mercy Health System to assure the integration of the departmental services with the organization's primary functions: to assist and support, coordinate, and integrate services within the department of pharmacy in a harmonious, respectful, courteous, and polite manner.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned by the Supervisor, which contribute to the over-all mission and vision of the effective operation of the Pharmacy.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs, which promote recruitment, provide orientation, retention, development and education of all pharmacy staff and rotating Pharmacy Undergraduate Students.
- Support other key personnel, medical staff and hospital staff in planning, promoting and conducting quality care monitoring and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of special needs and behaviors of specific age groups to include neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adults and geriatric patients.
- Education: Current registration as a Pharmacy Intern in Oklahoma and currently enrolled as a student in good standing in an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Certifications: Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy Intern License
- Other: Pharmacy Interns will have as a minimum the following skills: a) General knowledge of medications used in the hospital and retail setting; b) Good communication and interpersonal skills; c) Good writing skills sufficient to communicate and create reports and proposals; and d) Skill in identifying and recommending training needs of staff. PHARMACY INTERN must fulfill at all times Pharmacy Tech I and Pharmacy Tech II principal responsibilities as required.
- Preferred Other: Interact with other pharmacy staff members of Mercy to assure the integration of the departmental services with the organization's primary functions: to assist and support, coordinate, and integrate services within the department of pharmacy in a harmonious, respectful, courteous, and polite manner.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.