Pharmacy Medication Reconciliation Technician, Per Diem
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Pharmacy Medication Reconciliation Technician who:
Obtains medication histories from patients and assists with reconciliation of home medications with medications prescribed during their hospitalization. At discharge, identifies and communicates medication discrepancies to prescribers for reconciliation. Performs tasks that are most often standard and structured.
- Assists the patient's physicians to reconcile discrepancies between home medications and medications prescribed during the inpatient stay.
- Provides assistance with medication reconciliation at discharge for high risk patients by identifying and communicating medication discrepancies to prescribers for resolution.
- Generates and analyzes quantitative data on the effectiveness of medication reconciliation for analysis of regulatory compliance, clinical and economic outcomes.
- Assists pharmacy staff as requested under the direction of the senior technician, lead technician or director.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associates / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Pharmaceutical Technician Board certification: Required