To provide direction and coordination of all activities of an assigned area in the Department of Pharmacy.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Performs all pharmaceutical care and drug distribution duties required of Pharmacist I and II level personnel.
- Supervises and manages the operation of the assigned pharmacy areas, including inventory control, controlled substances record keeping, and maintenance of drug information reference materials.
- Supervises, manages, orients, trains, and evaluates all assigned professional and supportive personnel.
- Addresses problems while participating in various hospital patient care committees.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of monthly unit audits.
- Prepares personnel work schedules and ensures adequate staffing when absences occur.
- Interviews job applicants for vacant positions.
- Develops proposals for new pharmaceutical care services.
- Prepares work measurement reports and makes budget recommendations to the Director and the Associate Director.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy and current license to practice pharmacy in the state of Texas. Three years of related experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.