Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood seeks a Pharmacy Technician to join its team! Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood consists of 120 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 30 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer and fuller lives.
This position qualifies for a $1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota’s 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for delivery of medications to residents and ensuring compliance with medication administration policies, regulations, and clinical standards of practice. The Pharmacy Technician will also reconcile Medication Administration Records, routinely audit medication management systems, assist with medication training, and participate in quality management activities.
Additional Benefits & Information:
- Part-Time - 7 am to 3 pm - 30 hours per pay period
- $1000 Sign On Bonus
- Position includes working every other weekend & rotating holidays
- Beautiful Building/Location - Free Parking and After (1) year of employment free parking in our enclosed parking garage!
- Robust Training & Mentoring
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Highly Engaged Leadership Team to Support You 100%
- 401k Retirement with Generous Matching Program
- Competitive Wages
- Many other perks!
Essential job responsibilities includes:
- Prepares, administers, and documents all medication administration activities according to the 6 Rights, as delegated by a licensed nurse.
- Maintains and controls all medications according to facility policy, keeping medications secure and safe at all times. Follows all state and federal guidelines as it relates to administering, dispensing, storage and disposal of all medications.
- Responds to resident requests and notifies the licensed nurse of any refusal to take medications, changes in resident care needs, or changes in condition.
- Conducts routine and intermittent medication storage, administration compliance, and inventory audits. Prepares audit reports and promptly presents findings and/or compliance concerns to facility nurses and clinical support.
- Observes and reports any unsafe conditions, behaviors, and/or equipment malfunction to management.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with medication administration training and competency evaluations for unlicensed personnel, including use of electronic health records system and electronic medication administration records.
- Collaborates with pharmacy provider(s) to ensure medications are available for administration per physician orders. Assists licensed nursing with medication cycle exchange.
- Participates in quality management activities related to medication administration practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications: Pharmacy Technician
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician; current certification in MN
- Minimum 1 year of work experience as a pharmacy technician
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident Bill of Rights, Universal Precautions, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Basic mathematical skills for counting, distributing, and documenting medications.
- Demonstrated customer service and leadership skills.
- Previous experience working with seniors.
- Previous experience with electronic health records and electronic medication administration records.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.