Pharmacy Technician - Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at Visit KC | Official Tourism Site of Kansas City
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
- Receive and review prescriptions for the full range of pharmaceuticals.
- Enter prescriptions into outpatient computer system reviewing profile for allergies, drug/drug or drug/food interactions, and duplicate orders.
- Scan prescriptions for the filler and checker after typing prescriptions.
- Fill prescriptions obtaining the pharmaceutical, preparing package labels, visually inspecting the medication in the bottle to be dispensed, verifying appropriate medication, and checking the printed label affixed to the container for correctness.
- Attend the dispensing window for pick up.
- Provide instruction to patients on proper use of medications.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes verifying accuracy of pharmaceutical labels; utilizing automated pharmacy systems to enter and retrieve data; rotating pharmacy stock; and compounding medications within a pharmacy. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Education: A half year (i.e., 9 semester hours) of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position, such as pharmacology. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 9. Add the two percentages.