PillPack is launching a new pharmacy in Kent, Washington! Join the team TODAY and start earning $20.70/hr as a Certified Pharmacy Technician!
This position requires a Pharmacy Technician License in the state of Washington. A National Pharmacy Technician Certification by the PTCB or NHA is preferred.
PillPack is a pharmacy that makes it simple to take the right medications at the right time. We combine convenient packaging, modern technology, and personalized service to create a system that enables people to take the right medications every day, this means they can spend less time dealing with error-prone pill boxes or manual solutions and more time doing the things they enjoy.
As a Pharmacy Technician in our Fulfillment department, you will be responsible for assisting with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a pharmacist in accordance with state pharmacy regulations. Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Perks of joining the PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy Team!
*Career Growth: Join the team that will be taking pharmacy to the next level. Many of our technicians have developed into Trainers, Team Leads, and Managers. The opportunities are endless!
*Earn More: Competitive wages beginning at $20.70/hour with the ability to increase hourly pay every 6 months through our Employee Step Plan
*Non Retail Environment: Enjoy casual dress code and non-retail environment that the pharmacy has to offer
*Amazon employee discount
*Amazon Benefits: Medical & Dental begin DAY 1. PTO & Vacation that begins accruing immediately, as well as a 401k plan! This is inclusive of domestic partners and children!
PillPack by Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what PillPack and Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the state board of pharmacy
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Work daily with Leadership to ensure the right medications are put in the right packets
- Run automated machinery required to pre-sort and package medications
- Fill exception trays with appropriate medication
- Transition PillPacks through different workflow stages from initial dispense through quality control
- Count and fill prescription vials and affix labels on bulk prescription items
- Pack and ship completed PillPacks including printing and affixing appropriate labels on dispenser, shipping boxes
- Sort and triage the right boxes to ship at the right time
- Aid the distribution manager and distribution pharmacists with receiving, shipping, counting, and packing
- Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas
- Package medications for dispensing and for delivery
- Work a flexible schedule - shifts will possibly start and end outside of normal business hours
- Perform other tasks assigned while working in a fast paced environment
- Standing during shifts lasting up to 12 hours (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 49 lbs in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 12 hours (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 49 lbs in weight for 12 hours (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Washington State Board of Pharmacy License in good standing required
- 6+ months of experience working with computer and web based tools
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or NHA) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and identify patient medications
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
- Certified Pharmacy Technician $20.70/hourly
- Days 7:00a - 5:30p