Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Phlebotomist who:
Performs specimen collection and accession receiving. Distributese specimens to designated departments. Collects and processes appropriate patient specimens and samples for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease to conduct medical laboratory testing. Focuses on phlebotomy and specimen collection; may perform other, less complex technical and clerical tasks.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks. Verifies specimen identification and appropriateness of sample type/volume for the indicated testing. Processes samples using aseptic technique and prepares required paperwork for appropriate testing and reference lab testing. Confers with patients to obtain information for laboratory records and to explain procedures.
- Recognizes and reports abnormals results to ordering provider, calling critical results within the appropriate timeframe. Documents all laboratory tests and results appropriately on logs and patient records per requirements. Communicates effectively with other departments and staff, including physicians and their offices, to facilitate the flow and quality of lab work.
- Monitors and maintains equipment as needed per regulations, interfacing with clinical engineering and technical consultant when appropriate. Follows established guidelines for missed collections, recollects, and difficult phlebotomies.
- Assists in ordering supplies, noting expiration dates, usage, and delivery times for stock and non-stock items; upon delivery checks received items against items ordered, puts away stock, rotates items for expiration dates, and discards expired items.
- Coordinates with Lead Phlebotomist to run quality controls daily as needed as well as other required testing. Performs proficiency testing per regulatory agency procedures and documented according to established guidelines. Participates in departmental performance improvement and quality assurance activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Required in CA; Preferred in HI and ORAssociate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) license: Required in CA; Preferred in OR and HIRefer to the Required Licenses and Certifications list for additional job and/or unit specific requirements.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.