Physiatrist - Golden, CO
New West Physicians, a premier multi-specialty medical group in Denver, is looking for a Full time Physiatrist.
Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services and outstanding patient and provider experience. Optum strives to be the partner of choice for patients, physicians, employers, health systems and health plans.
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient.. . every time. We're not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area-we're also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we're backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It's all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it's time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life's best work.(sm)
- Perform outpatient musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pain diagnoses and treatments
- Develop functional assessments of pain issues including acute and chronic pain, headaches, musculoskeletal problems such as back and neck pain, tendonitis, pinched nerves, osteoarthritis, myalgia, post herpetic neuralgia, carpal tunnel and fibromyalgia
- Treat patients of all ages afflicted with painful and function-limiting musculoskeletal disorders of the spine, peripheral joints, and soft tissues such as sprains/strains, disc herniations, rheumatologic conditions and athletic injuries
- Prescribe therapeutic exercise and other rehabilitation modalities
- Recommend therapy techniques, interventional pain procedures and rehabilitation plans
- Perform injection techniques such as peripheral nerve blockade, trigger point injections, large and small joint injections
- Interpretation of electrodiagnostic studies including electromyography, nerve conduction studies, and evoked potentials to diagnose carpal tunnel and pinched nerves or other pain related issues
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Must be board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Active and unrestricted license in the State of Colorado or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Will accept a new graduate as well
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
The New West Physician Story:
New West Physicians is a highly-qualified group of board certified Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Physicians, Hospitalists, Cardiologist, Endocrinologist, Gastroenterologist, Neurologist, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners who specialize in providing excellent care to patients. Since our inception in 1994, New West Physicians has grown to become one of the largest primary care group practices in the Denver Metro area.
Our mission at New West Physicians is "to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual health of communities we serve through an integrated, primary-care owned and patient centered healthcare delivery system". Through that mission and our vision of providing excellent service, every patient, every time has propelled New West Physicians to the top of many national awards. In 2015 New West Physicians was named AMGA's Acclaim Award recipient, a recognition bestowed annually on a medical provider that is deemed a premier role model for other healthcare delivery organizations nationwide. New West Physicians is the only medical practice in the nation with fewer than 150 doctors to receive this special honor.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $247,100.00 to $345,100.00. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. (c) 2020 Optum. All rights reserved.