Physical Therapist Assistant
Similar jobs like this one
Physical Therapist Assistant
Phoenix Physical Therapy has been focused on supporting our communities with local outpatient clinics for more than 20 years. We provide patients with physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training and massage therapy services in a welcoming environment. Our experienced clinicians are committed to delivering a great patient care experience from beginning to end. At Phoenix, we help our patients Recover, Recharge & Rise!
The Physical Therapy Assistant is to help patients improve their mobility and move forward. You will work closely and under the direction of the Physical Therapist, treating patients with medical problems or other conditions that limit their ability to move or perform functional activities.
- Assists with administering patient tests, treatments and procedures as directed by the Physical Therapist
- Carries out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by a Physical Therapist.
- Uses therapeutic procedures, exercise, equipment, or machinery to restore movement, strength, or flexibility. Instructs patients on segments of therapy programs, including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces, and prosthetic appliances/devices.
- Works in conjunction with the Physical Therapist to assist with periodically re-evaluation of patient status and modified care plan in response.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Maintains patient safety at all times.
- Maintains compliance with Medicare and other quality initiatives.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness and order in the treatment spaces.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education / Training:
- Requires an Associate's degree
- License as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Current CPR Certificate
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Problem/situational analysis.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information.
- Customer/client orientation.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, squatting, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and to lift 100 pounds.
***Phoenix Physical Therapy is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.