Pioneer Healthcare Services is seeking a committed Physical Therapist Assistant to join a skilled nursing facility in Davis, CA. The qualified PTA will act as the patient’s partner throughout their journey of rehabilitation and assist patients to function at their personal best. You will maximize the quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment or intervention, and rehabilitation.
Physical Therapy Assistants are healthcare professionals who directly assist Physical Therapists in recovery treatments. The PTA will:
• Counsel patients and their families on what to do following treatment.
• Observe the patients they are working with before, during and after therapy and report notes to the Physical Therapist.
• Assign specific exercises for the patient and help the patients do these exercises.
• Use devices, such as walkers, and other equipment to help patients regain movement and reduce pain.
• Use a variety of techniques, including stretching exercises and massage, to treat patients.
• Assist patients when moving to and from the therapy area.
• Help patients stretch and exercise certain muscle groups
• Read instructions from Physical Therapist
• Work directly with Physical Therapist to assist patients
• Speak with families to find best at-home techniques
• Keep physical therapy clean and organized
• Move patients from wheelchairs or walkers to physical therapy area
• Complete administrative tasks, like scheduling appointments and filing paperwork
• Teach patients techniques like balance training
About Pioneer Healthcare Services:
We are a San Diego-based staffing and recruiting travel company for exceptional nurses and therapists all over the U.S. We can help forge a new path towards schools and healthcare facilities.
• Highest pay packages tailored to meet your own needs
• Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401K Retirement Services
• Housing, Meals and Incidentals allowance
• Relocation Assistance
• License Reimbursement
• Weekly pay with Direct Deposit
• Professional Liability/ Malpractice coverage
Pioneer Healthcare Services
(Apply) - jobs.pioneer-healthcare.com