Physical Therapist Assistant - Outpatient McDonough, Part-time
- Performs therapy procedures and care plans, in accordance with accepted standards, under the direction of a licensed therapist.
- Supervises support staff.
- Performs administrative duties in support of patient care and departmental functions.
- Assists with activities which support department operations including maintenance of an established inventory of supplies; ensures the proper use and maintenance of equipment; and maintains a work area which is free of debris and clutter.
- Plans individual treatment schedules to provide optimal use of staff and equipment for the provision of high quality patient services.
- Performs treatments in keeping with the patient's individualized plan of care.
- Monitors patient's response to therapy or treatment; recognizes regression or progression and reports pertinent information to the appropriate staff.
- Instructs and trains patient and family regarding pertinent aspects of the patient's care.
- Participates with other members of the patient care team to plan for the continued care, support and follow-up of the patient after discharge.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Follows established protocols for documentation specific to the program/ setting.
- Accurately records daily charges for services rendered.
- Observes organizational and universal standards for infection control in carrying out daily responsibilities, including proper cleaning and sterilization of surfaces, equipment and instruments.
- Conducts in-service programs, provides other staff with training and serves as a clinical instructor to students.
- Responds to requests for professional information or advice and refers complex matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends team conferences when appropriate; works cooperatively with other team members to maintain consistency in the provision of high quality, result oriented service.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduation from a Physical Therapy Assistant School accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Georgia.
- BLS certification required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently); 10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors; Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting ; Patient care/handling injuries; Radiation ; Shift work; Travel may be required; Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.