Location: Memphis, TN, US
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
This position is primarily for outpatient pediatrics but associate is expected to work with the adult population in acute care and outpatient settings as well.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for planning and providing physical therapy treatment for patients in accordance with professional and Methodist Healthcare-Methodist Healthcare standards of treatment. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
Graduate from a school of Physical Therapy accredited by CAPTE.
Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State where work is performed.
- Ability to understand and prepare moderately complex written materials, such as patient records.
- Ability to communicate verbally with Associates, physicians and other outside professionals.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of work flow.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs initial patient assessment.
- Implements patient treatments based on assessment and written plan.
- Provides ongoing patient assessment through observation of patient and review of records.
- Identifies patient specific physical therapy rehabilitation learning needs and provides appropriate education.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying opportunities for self-development and enhancement of professional competency.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Rehabilitation, Therapy, Physical Therapy, Pediatric, Healthcare