Physical Therapist (PT) - Long Term Care - SNF
CareStaff Partners is seeking a Physical Therapist (PT) for a critical travel or local contract position with a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) near Woodlawn, VA.
The Assignment: Job #5932
- Location: Carroll County, Virginia
- Specialty: PT - Physical Therapist
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
- Patient Population: Adult and Geriatric (19-65+)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Shift: 8 Hour Days
- Contract Length: 13 Weeks
- Licensure/Certification Required: Virginia Physical Therapy (PT) License
- Experience Required/Preferred: Minimum 1 Year of Prior Long Term Care Experience
Job Duties and Role Responsibilities:
As a Physical Therapist (PT) you will:
- Review patients’ medical history and any referrals or notes from doctors, surgeons, or other healthcare workers
- Diagnose patients’ functions and movements by observing them stand or walk and by listening to their concerns, among other methods
- Develop individualized plans of care for patients, outlining the patients’ goals and the expected outcomes of the plans
- Use exercises, stretching maneuvers, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients’ pain, help them increase their mobility, prevent further pain or injury, and facilitate health and wellness
- Evaluate and record a patient’s progress, modifying a plan of care and trying new treatments as needed
- Educate patients and their families about what to expect from the recovery process and how best to cope with challenges throughout the process
- Physical therapists provide care to people of all ages who have functional problems resulting from back and neck injuries; sprains, strains, and fractures; arthritis; amputations; neurological disorders, such as stroke or cerebral palsy; injuries related to work and sports; and other conditions.
- Physical therapists are educated to use a variety of different techniques to care for their patients. These techniques include exercises; training in functional movement, which may include the use of equipment such as canes, crutches, wheelchairs, and walkers; and special movements of joints, muscles, and other soft tissue to improve movement and decrease pain.
The work of physical therapists varies by type of patient. For example, a patient working to recover mobility lost after a stroke needs different care from a patient who is recovering from a sports injury. Some physical therapists specialize in one type of care, such as orthopedics or geriatrics. Many physical therapists also help patients to maintain or improve mobility by developing fitness and wellness programs that encourage healthier and more active lifestyles.
Experience the CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family
- Seamless Communication and support from your Dedicated Recruiter, Personal Compliance Specialist, and Individual Payroll and Benefits Professional
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
When traveling with CareStaff Partners, our devoted Therapists, Nurses, and Teachers are our priority! As a sign of our Gratitude and Appreciation, you'll receive our undivided attention from start to finish, because taking an assignment to travel is a team effort. We are here to help you every step of the way whether it is your first travel experience or your 20th. Don't sell yourself short by settling for anything less than CareStaff Partners!
- NEW! Oasis Home Health Certification Program
- Premium Pay Packages
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Unlimited CEU's
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more.
- Multiple cverage options, because there is no one size fits all when it comes to your well-being
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Referral Bonuses Paid for:
- Physical Therapists (PT), Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA)
- Occupatinal Therapists (OT), Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- Speech Language Pathlogists (SLP)
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
To Schedule an Interview Contact:
Director of Recruiting