The Physical Therapist/PT is responsible for evaluating/assessing needs of referred patients and formulating treatment plans in a skilled nursing facility. Provides therapy services defined in treatment plans. Work cooperatively with physicians, and case managers. May supervise physical therapy assistants, and aides Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience, and direction from manager to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Wonderful opportunity for a Physical Therapist or a Physical Therapist on Permit.
Post-Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or education deemed equivalent. Arizona State License or Permit Certification by the Office of the Professions and practices Physical Therapy according to the state requirements.
• Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
• Undertake a comprehensive examination/assessment/evaluation of the patient/client needs.
• Evaluates results of Physical therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects Nursing Home /Care Center operations by keeping protected health information confidential.
• Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and co signs Physical Therapy Assistant's progress notes.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new
• This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other
reasonable duties as assigned
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Must be able to safely lift/carry 50-100lbs
• Must be able to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, and lifting patients and/or equipment.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with patient, resident and staff.
Excellent Benefits for Qualifying Employees
Apply online on our Careers Website using Application Form Link to job posting: