*Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level. Physicians also receive a progressive physician comparability allowance up to $30K per year.
As a Physician for the CIA, you will provide medical care and advice to Agency employees and dependents, and other Agency sponsored people. Utilizing your clinical expertise in a medical consultation model, you will help advance the CIA mission where it intersects with medical issues. Variability of medical resources around the world, access to care in different regions, and mission requirements are all at play in your efforts to deliver the best medical opinions possible. You’ll work and coordinate with a global set of USG medical colleagues while delivering care in various countries and under a multiplicity of clinical scenarios.
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Physicians spend most of their careers serving in multi-year assignments in a variety of overseas locations, but some opportunities exist to serve in the Washington, DC area.
As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided. Sign on incentives and moving expenses are reimbursed.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Support
The Directorate of Support (DS) provides everything the CIA needs to accomplish its critical mission of defending our nation. The DS provides business operations support to Agency components including all aspects of security, logistics, facilities, finance, education, medical services and human resources. Learn more about the Directorate of Support.
Life at CIA
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Active unrestricted licensure as a physician in one or more states
- Active DEA registration
- Board certification in a primary care specialty, such as Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine or Emergency medicine
- Board certification in Psychiatry
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- At least one professional reference with full name and contact information
- Copy of any certifications or licenses