Similar jobs like this one
Primary Care Physician needed in Jacksonville, FL - Stellar Benefit Package
Emergency Medicine Physician Needed for Locum Tenens Coverage at Facility in Jacksonville, Florida
Are you looking to join a mission-driven, values-oriented healthcare organization that is setting a new standard for patient centricity in the Urgent Care space? Then come join us at FastMed|CareSpot|MedPost.
For the past 20 years FastMed has served as the front door of healthcare for our communities while continuing to expand our national footprint. Our mission is to provide patients with the best end-to-end healthcare experience in terms of quality, accessibility, affordability, and compassion. What sets us apart is our Compassionate Hospitality philosophy, which blends the compassion of healthcare with the best-in-class standards of hospitality.
What you’ll be doing: We are hiring a Supervising Physician who will be an integral part of the patient care team responsible for direct oversight of the Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) and the medical care delivered in every clinic. Their relationship with the clinic providers depends on mutual trust and respect, availability for real time consultation, excellent communication skills and a sincere desire to mentor and educate. You will:
- Work full time in clinic treating patients
- Act as primary supervising physician for APPs including Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in accordance with all state rules and regulations under the auspices of the State Medical Board.
- Conduct remote PEER protected review of the electronic medical record (EMR) for urgent care, worker’s compensation and specialty physical exams including adequacy of history, systems review, past medical and social history, physical exam, medical decision making and documentation supporting the level of service delivered. Review medical records for each supervisee according to state specific requirement or internal company policy.
- Meet with supervisees in person, via telephone or video conference no less often than is dictated by the respective State Medical Board.
- Perform EMR review and conduct medically relevant investigation and adequate summary of findings regarding patient complaints through the Company’s consumer complaint system to determine if care was appropriate and advise other members of the healthcare team the next appropriate course of action.
- Offer direct observations of potential provider deficiencies to the State Medical Director (SMD).
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all policies and procedures and FastMed culture.
- Develop close collegial relationships with both direct reports and direct supervisor such that information flows seamlessly from one level to the next and communications are clear and clearly understood at all levels.
- Attend and participate in provider meetings.
- Attend periodic meetings of state specific SP groups as determined by the SMD.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A current unrestricted state issued license to practice medicine.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Medical Specialties in his/her respective specialty.
- A minimum of 2 years clinical post-residency experience in direct and relevant patient care preferably in either the urgent care or emergency department setting.
- Sound clinical judgment, excellent procedural skill set, and the ability to impart those skills to a variety of adult learners.
- Excellent bedside manner, customer service skills, and respect for patients, Advanced Practice Providers, and clinical support staff.
- Familiarity with EMR systems.
- Ability to receive and deliver valuable feedback.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Self-assured, self-directed and results oriented.
- Organized and accustomed to meeting routine deadlines.
Why you’ll love working with us: FastMed believes in taking care of our team members as effectively as our team members take care of our patients. As a part of our team you’ll have access to several benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive pay with incentive plan
- Generous paid vacation & sick time that starts accruing on your first day with us
- Medical, dental, vision, and other wellness benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- CME allowance
By joining our team you will also have the opportunity to be a key contributor to our culture. This is the environment we create to engage with our patients and each other, and it is key to our mutual success. Our culture is best exemplified by our STAT values:
Service: Our ultimate calling is to provide superior service to our patients, and to support our patient-facing team members in their quest to do this.
Teamwork: We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, as achieving them is dependent upon a sustained collective effort.
Accountability: We perform the jobs that are assigned to us to the best of our abilities and in a manner that is consistent with the highest level of personal integrity.
Transparency: We acknowledge our shortcomings immediately so that we can find new solutions that continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
APPLY TODAY and join us as we seek to accomplish our mission and live our values in every patient interaction!