Experienced orthopaedic physician assistant positions available at Chatham Orthopaedic Associates. As the oldest, established orthopaedic practice in Savannah providing care to patients for over 50 years, we are a young, energetic group of professionals looking for talented people like yourself to join our great team. We have earned several awards for the Best Orthopaedic practice in Savannah and employ over 170 people in 6 locations with numerous employees of Chatham Orthopaedic Associates having been employed for over 15 years. We appreciate all members of our staff and value their commitment to providing exceptional patient care.
The successful physician assistant candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ orthopaedic experience with ability to:
- Perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams; establish a working diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan within scope of practice.
- Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon.
- Order diagnostic studies such as but not limited to x-ray examinations including special x-ray examinations CT, MRI, and bone scans etc.
- Perform procedures including but not limited to joint and bursa aspirations, closed reduction of fractures and dislocations, injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and bursa, as well as brace, cast and splint applications.
- Assist in surgery to include but not limited to first assist, deep and superficial tissue closures, application of appliances and any other action delegated by the surgeon. Conduct hospital, rounds, write orders, and take call for the orthopaedic surgeon.
- Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions, formulate and implement a treatment or therapeutic plan for hospitalized patients, dictate discharge summaries, histories and physicals.
- Order, prescribe, dispense, and administer Medication, orthosis, orthotics, braces and other orthopaedic devices.
Competitive compensation and benefits to include group health, vision, disability, dental and profit sharing and 401(k). Please email resume to email@example.com.