PeaceHealth seeks a Physician Assistant - Cardiothoracic Surgery for collegial CVT Surgery group in the Bellingham community.
Req ID: 164783
PeaceHealth has an opportunity for Physician Assistant to join PeaceHealth's established and well-respected Cardiothoracic Surgery team in Bellingham, Washington.
The PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center Cardiovascular Services team includes 3 Cardiothoracic Surgeons, 3 Vascular Surgeons, 13 cardiologists (6 General, 4 Interventional, 1 Advanced Heart Failure Specialist, and 2 EPs) plus 14 advanced practice clinicians across Cardiovascular Services.
Cardiovascular services is a clinic/hospital-based practice with 2 fully equipped operating rooms, 3 recently upgraded Catheterization Labs and EP suite, ICAVL/ACAEL certified outpatient and in-patient Vascular and Echo labs. Coverage includes in-house hospitalist and ICU/Intensivist teams.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham is a 253 bed, Level II trauma center, serving a community population of 220,000.
- 3 Physician Assistants are dedicated to CVT Surgery
- Work together with physicians and hospital staff to promote team-based patient care
- Assist in surgery as a first or second assist to a primary cardiothoracic surgeon
- Participate in vein harvesting
- Support inpatient care in the ICU and/or CVU and procedural care unit; one quarter to half time providing inpatient services monitoring, assessing and treating patients as necessary, under the supervision of cardiothoracic surgeons
- See patients for follow-up in the clinic as well
- Collegial mentorship and APC-friendly
- Cardiac MR, 3-D TEE, and dual source Cardiac CTA on site
- Structural heart program including TAVR and Watchman
- Mechanical circulatory support program including ECMO
- Hybrid O.R. in planning stages for operation next year
- Tertiary community hospital
Our Community Offers:
- Bellingham: One destination, many adventures. Our community is filled with magnificent scenery, a culture of outdoor recreation, fine dining, art, music, shopping, running, and so much more!
- We are an outdoor paradise! There is no shortage of breathtaking hikes, a relaxing camping trip, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives. The city has 65 miles of inner-urban trails.
- Education is key to our city. We are home to a community of strong education including Western Washington University and 2 colleges. Excellent elementary and secondary public and private schools.
- Bellingham is a city with a thriving arts scene, numerous churches, great libraries, and other family-centered activities.
- Live nearly anywhere in the community and be within 15-20 minutes of the hospital with an easy commute.
- Just a 90-minute drive to Seattle or Vancouver, British Columbia! Go cheer on your favorite professional sports team, dine in ethnically diverse cities, and see some of the great historical sites.
- Ranked by Forbes as a “Top 25 places to retire” and the 2nd most “Fitness-friendly cities” in America!
- Explore more about Bellingham/Whatcom County here: https://www.bellingham.org/
- Competitive compensation and benefits: healthcare coverage, retirement plans, and paid time off
- Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and CME reimbursement
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Washington State has no state income tax.
- Board Certification
- 2-3 years of experience preferred; open to new graduates
- Vein harvesting skills preferred.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Kim Dianich.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Bellingham, NW Medical Center (214)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physician Assistants || Full Time || SPECIALTY SVCS