Physician Assistant - Certified
This position works with a professional team of physicians and other staff who are trained in the medical and surgical specialty of dermatology with the purpose to be patient focused with the objective of delivering superior patient care and ensuring a positive patient experience and outcome.
This position delivers an excellent customer service experience in a dermatological office setting. Provide dermatological healthcare and perform selective procedural and medical services under the direction of a physician(s); is patient focused with the objective of delivering supervisor patient care and ensuring positive patient experiences and outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, while working both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Communicates data and information about the treatment and care of a patient, including exchange of clinical observations and assessments
- Develops of an appropriate plan of care, including decisions regarding the health care provided, accessing and assessment of appropriate additional resources or expertise, and arrangement of appropriate referrals, testing, or studies.
- Consults with the patient care team to exchange information, clinical observations and assessments, accessing and assessing of additional resources and expertise, problem-solving, and arranging for referrals, testing, or studies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Maintain standards consistent with the practice’s mission statement.
- Maintain compliance with the practice’s Compliance Program.
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to collaborate with the patient care team to ensure excellent patient care outcomes.
- Ability to work with management team to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate independent judgment and initiative appropriately
- Must be able to tolerate standing and walking for 8 hours per day.
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard (40 WPM minimum) and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to document patient records using proper grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Must have full range of body motion with the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, stand, stoop, stretch, lift, and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and medical equipment.
- Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; specific vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree required.
- Graduate of a NCCPA-accredited physician assistant program or graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program required.
- One to three years of experience working in a physician’s practice preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: PA/NP licensed to work in appropriate state that the individual will practice in required.
- Current DEA registration
- BLS required.
- Dermatology practice or office experience required.