Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network. Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
Provides holistic, quality and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, and families and participates in the medical/psychiatric management of patients, to achieve or maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness. Engages in decision-making regarding the health care of individuals and families under the supervision of a psychiatrist as delineated in the Physician Supervising Protocol (attached).
- Performs comprehensive psychiatric assessments including, but not limited to: chief complaint, history of present problem, general medical, psychiatric, substance abuse, social and family history, current medications,history of allergies and /or untoward responses to medication, review of systems, mental status exam, assessment of spirituality, a DSM IV diagnosis, short and long term goals, and a treatment plan, when indicated.
- Obtains evidence of recent physical examination. Recommends that patients have a physical exam yearly. As appropriate (ie as a component of admission to Detox Unit, Residential Treatment Program, Partial Hospital Program ecetera), performs a physical exam under the supervision of a physician as delineated in the Physician Supervising Protocol.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic studies and laboratory tests, which may include blood tests, urinalysis, EKG, EEG, and other appropriate tests, to evaluate and treat the patient.
- Prescribes, dispenses, and administers medical therapeutics and corrective measures in collaboration with designated staff psychiatrist.
- Recommends and provides appropriate psychiatric interventions, including individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families. Educates staff and students, formally or informally, to enhance their ability to provide patient care.
- Engages in/collaborates with others in the research process to discover, examine and test knowledge, theories and creative approaches to practice. Uses research findings as a basis for practice and to improve health care.
- Provides consultation to health care providers and others to influence care plans, enhance ability to provide health care, and affect change in systems.
- Identifies, communicates and seeks resources or instruction to meet self-learning needs and continuing education needs.
Current Physician Assistant license required. Certification according to CT State law.
Master's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
Specific experience in psychiatry required.
Basic working knowledge of computers.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Regular Standard Hours Per Week: 1
Schedule: Per Diem (1 hour)