Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. The Division of General Surgery at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a leading provider of comprehensive General Surgery resources in New England. The practice is recognized for its expertise, quality personalized care, and experience in the use of leading-edge techniques such as minimally-invasive surgery
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
Advanced Practitioner responsibilities include developing this busy neurosurgery specialty office to provide excellence in patient care in conjunction with the Surgeon’s operating room based services. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a leading Neurosurgical Surgeon and team of Advanced Practitioners, while still enjoying the hours and patient contact of an office practice. eading radiology a plus.
- Advanced Practitioners will assist with surgeries at Hartford Hospital
- Seeing patient appointments during clinic hours at our Windsor location
- Communicating with patients and families
- Filling prescription medications
Shift: Full Time – 40 hours (4 – 10 hour shifts)
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive compensation
- Team environment with robust staff: less responsibility for room turnover
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant
- Surgery experience is mandatory
- Neuro experience is preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Regular Standard Hours: 40
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours)