Physician Assistant - PRN
Provides health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of Peachtree Orthopedics' Physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain patient history and or x-rays.
- Schedule diagnostic studies/surgery and obtain pre-certifications for the same.
- Prepare and assist/administer injections/aspirations.
- Obtain specimens for laboratory and complete required forms.
- Application/removal of casts, splints, braces.
- Perform dressing changes and remove sutures/staples.
- Perform minor office procedures.
- Complete DME charge and/or Physical Therapy referral.
- Complete return to work slips and distribute appropriately.
- Complete applications for Handicap Parking permits.
- Provide patients with educational materials regarding surgery/diagnostic studies or equipment/casts.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards regarding blood-borne pathogens.
- Prescribe medications
- Coordinate work-in appointments.
- Obtain x-ray and diagnostic results from the appropriate source
- Serve as liaison between patient and physician.
- Coordinate consultations with other physicians.
- Order laboratory/diagnostic procedures
- Establish differential diagnosis and treatment plan
- Dictate all records of the patient encounter
- Triage/Provide care in the Emergency Room when assigned
- Provide call coverage when requested
- Provide OR assistance when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May direct the activities of the medical assistant in all of the above when appropriate and when in keeping with the medical assistant's area of expertise.
- Attends meetings and performs related work as required.
- The employee has the responsibility and is expected to adhere to all Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic policies and procedures, to strictly comply with all laws, rules, and regulations, and to consistently engage in ethical patient care and business practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program. Two years experience working as a Physician Assistant, preferably in orthopedics. Knowledge of professional medical practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
National Commission on Certification of Physician AssistantsAmerican Heart Association's Certification - BLS Certified