Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital with campuses in New Britain and Southington. The Hospital of Central Connecticut strives for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s Surgical Services is a growing department which covers multiple specialties. This team has an established record of excellence, with a Physician Assistant training program that has been in existence for over 30 years, and still retains some of the founding members.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope Hartford HealthCare's The Hospital of Central Connecticut is seeking a Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner to join a very enthusiastic team in the Surgical Services unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, rounding, bedside procedures and consults. APPs will work in collaboration with a number of surgeons. The service currently covers General, Robotic, Thoracic, Vascular, ENT, Plastic with some coverage of Urology.
- Perform Daily patient rounds and Implement therapeutic intervention
- Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation
- Perform H&P and discharge summary for patients
- Ordering diagnostic studies as part of clinical treatment plan
- First assist surgeon in the OR
- Perform and assist with bedside procedures
- Display professional competency in the OR
- Identify and provide teaching for patients, families, and other health care providers
Shift: Per Diem
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership and licensure.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program required
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- AGACNP Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner and / or critical care AP experience.
- RNFA (RN First Assist) Certification
Experience: 3+ years working as a First Assistant in the operating room is preferred. Robotic training is a plus. This should not dissuade new graduates to apply as we understand work ethic supersedes experience in certain situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Considerable knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of the surgical procedures performed in the various surgical specialties and the supplies and equipment used in those specialties. Knowledgeable in practices involved in patient care as it relates to different disciplines and disease states. Knowledge of medications and their reactions and interactions; Counseling skills; well developed interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; ability to work under pressure.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING:
Good problem solving and/or decision making skills. Ability to make independent decisions. Ability to react and perform under strict timelines and/or emergency situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Regular Standard Hours Per Week: 1
Schedule: Per Diem (1 hour)
Shift Details: Days,Nights, holidays and weekends