Job DescriptionJob DescriptionSalary: Salary Rate: Based on experience
Do you LOVE caring for the health and well-being of people? Would you LOVE to provide care for residents in Galveston County?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a Physician’s Assistant/Nurse Practitioner!
The right candidate will provide healthcare services as a credentialed, licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to patients (on an appointment and walk-in basis).
We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much more!
- Team Oriented Environment
- Salary Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas as a Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board or as a Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Graduation from an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Experience in a public health or community clinic setting is preferred
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Must have knowledge of adult learning principles, ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources
- Current CPR Certification required
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Use of an electronic medical records system (NextGen)
- Accurate, legible and timely documentation
- Performs physical examination
- Orders lab and other tests
- Prescribes medications and treatments
- Provides continuity in managed care for patients with long term problems
- Provides health maintenance visits, evaluates for immunizations, and provides anticipatory guidance and referrals
- Performs contract and special physical examinations for HeadStart, employment, etc.
- Performs STD (sexually transmitted disease) and family planning screening and education
- Accepts assigned patients (scheduled and walk-in patients) in order to achieve goal of seeing an average of 3 patients per hour
- Performs as an active member of the medical team
- Assist Coastal Health & Wellness Medical Director and nursing personnel to develop/implement/update protocols and procedures (including development of education materials, clinical protocols, such as telephone and/or on-site triage of patients)
- Participate on clinical committees and other assigned healthcare-related projects
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the One Health of Galveston County