Practice Manager (Outpatient), Full-time, Exempt, McMinneville
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Portland is a faith-based, not-for-profit health care network consisting of a 302-bed medical center, 34 medical clinics and home care and hospice services in the Portland metro area. Our full-service acute care medical center provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities on the eastside. Our key services include cardiovascular care, emergency services, orthopedics, radiation oncology, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation and labor & delivery. We are staffed with more than 550 physicians, 1,900 employees and over 250 volunteers from our local communities.
Portland has 11,697 acres of parks, including Forest Park, which is the United States' largest urban forest, at 5,157 acres. With 70 miles of trails, it's a hiker, mountain biker and runner heaven. Other parks in town include a golf course, swimming pools, picnic areas and off-leash dog areas. Portland's unofficial motto is "keep Portland weird." The area fosters a sense of independence, creativity and nonconformity, while maintaining a highly earth-friendly environment. As of January 1, 2018, Adventist Health Portland announced an exciting agreement to integrate services with OHSU.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Practice Manager (Outpatient) who:
Manages the daily operations of multiple outpatient medical practices with several providers. Oversees personnel, financial, clerical, housekeeping and maintenance, and purchasing functions. Plans programs, allocates and assigns duties to employees. Reviews medical records for compliance and billing requirements. Monitors activities and operations to ensure practices successfully meets objectives. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgement.
- Oversees and directs the operations of the assigned clinic/s. Ensures clinics are operated in accordance with regulatory requirements and organizational policies and procedures. Communicates operational opportunities and best practices to executive management. Ensures best practices are implemented and maintained throughout the assigned clinic/s.
- Works with organizational department to ensure that the appropriate revenue management policies, procedures and systems are in place to allow for billing and collection effectiveness.
- Utilizes appropriate performance reporting structures including performance scorecards, operations and financial reporting, including performance ratio analysis, and other region and/or clinic specific metrics.
- Defines job responsibilities, qualifications/competencies needed and measurable performance expectations for all positions. Exercises independent judgment in recruiting, training, coaching, supervising and directing assigned staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Three years technical experience: Preferred
- One year's clinic management experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.