Kingsland - located in the beautiful Hill Country is looking for a dedicated Nurse Practitioner to join their team.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) Primary Care is a licensed, certified, non-physician healthcare provider who actively renders direct patient care and possesses delegated prescriptive authority, is credentialed and privileged, and whose service is billed as an independent billing provider, as recognized by Medicare and Medicaid within the healthcare systems, and in accordance with the appropriate board. The Advanced Practice Provider provides medical care based upon the scope of practice as delineated by the supervising physician.
These providers typically provide care to patients in an internal medicine, family medicine, geriatric or pediatric clinic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem focused physical examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes, recommends and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures or performs indicated procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policies with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost.
- Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team members when appropriate. Evaluates patient’s response to health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient’s treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Provide consultation level services for conditions /problems related to the Provider’s specialty and training.
- Perform invasive procedures specific to scope of practice and knowledge of the provider as delegated by supervising Physician.
- May provide care to a panel of patients in a team based model focusing on acute and chronic illness management, as well as population health.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans.
- Ability to counsel patients concerning medical and psychological/psychiatric conditions, treatment plans, and behavior modification.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate laboratory and other diagnostic tests.
- Texas RN licensure or RN licensure with compact privilege from a state that is party to the Nurse Licensure Compact for RNs and LVNs & Texas APRN.
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Texas.
- Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- National Nurse Practitioner certification in area of specialty.
- Monday - Friday
- all ages - large retirement community
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.