Location: Europe wide, home of office based
IQVIA™ (www.IQVIA™.com) is the world's leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA™ innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the "Big Data" term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives.
IQVIA has been delivering management consulting services to the biopharma industry for over a decade. It is our sole focus on life sciences, deep expertise in key commercial and technical areas, unique access to proprietary data, and in-market presence around the world that allows us to achieve our mission of making a positive long-term impact on healthcare.
The Financial Investors Consulting (FIC) team is part of IQVIA's Global Consulting Services business unit. The team focuses on partnering with financial investors (e.g. private equity, venture capital, hedge funds) to support healthcare and life sciences investment decisions and offer them value-creating partnerships that maximize their ROI. This includes (but is not limited to) commercial and technical due diligence, asset and target screening, growth strategy and exit/divestment strategy.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You'll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Principal within Consulting Services, you will take on a variety of roles that focus primarily within the following core areas: client/project leadership, business development, and firm/operational leadership roles. The focus of an FIC principal is to deliver outstanding client service, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients that enhance the Consulting Services brand. The principal's success will be measured by the ability to take on larger and more complex projects, while opening new business relationships to the firm.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies that address complex client issues.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organisations.
- Act as principal owner of client engagements; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Allocate direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Provide high level input and ensure development of client reports and presentations.
- Ability to deliver all or significant portions of findings to clients.
- Lead thought leadership and firm building initiatives.
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of consulting services in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications.
- Participate in annual performance review team processes.
- Engage in recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients.
Candidates interested in joining our Consulting Services Group as a Principal should have:
- 10+ years professional experience in consulting, corporate development, or within a financial institution (e.g. private equity, venture capital) with a focus on M&A / commercial due diligence within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare sector
- Minimum of 6-8 years project management experience focused on engagements related to transactions / external investments (due diligence, valuation, asset identification, growth strategy, forecasting), including capabilities to manage large and/or multiple projects while balancing priorities while maintaining high quality delivery
- Principal owner of client engagements with financial investors in healthcare/life sciences (e.g. Private Equity, VCs, Hedge Funds), focused on client satisfaction and outstanding client deliverables. Extensive network within the Private Equity and VC community. Proven capability to identify new revenue opportunities with existing clients.
- Proven success selling complex strategy and operations engagements to the top Private Equity and VC firms. Actively participate in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations. Deep experience in selling life sciences due diligence, valuation and strategy work.
- Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent for consulting services practice teams.
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills with extensive knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Strong quantitative skillset and comfortable interpreting financial results / P&Ls, with ability to translate data analysis and qualitative insights into strategic implications for senior investors
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
In addition to the skills and experience above a Principal should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. MBA not required but a plus
- A track record of leadership and people development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.