Our Animal Health Research & Development team works tirelessly to invent solutions to improve the health and well-being of animals. Our state-of-the-art research facilities provide an environment of innovation that enable us to create breakthrough science changing the way we approach animal health challenges.
An opportunity exists for a talented scientist with documented evidence of accomplishments to join a group engaged in the development of innovative vaccines and health program solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and directing laboratory research activities involving the development of vaccine candidates
- Planning and directing clinical research studies designed to obtain regulatory approval of product candidates
- Interaction with regulatory, QC and process development groups to drive projects through licensure pathway
- Maintaining awareness of advances in relevant areas of scientific fields
- Scouting for new technologies through evaluation of opportunities at academic and other institutions
- Managing the performance and career development of assigned direct reports
- Effective communication and alignment with a variety of stakeholders throughout the company
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Ph.D in microbiology, parasitology, immunology or a related biological discipline.
Required Experience and Skills**:
- Minimum of 10 years experience leading project teams engaged in vaccine research and development.
- Ability to oversee and manage the design, planning and execution of robust scientific research activities
- Ability to operate efficiently and with business acumen to drive innovation and influence pipeline advancement
- Ability to communicate research activities in terms that can be understood by a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to function effectively in a team-focused environment
- Ability to collaborate and integrate activities with internal and external partners/customers
- Ability to understand, effectively apply and comply with internal standards and procedures
- Ability to define key success factors associated with projects & develop strategies to track performance
- Proven and significant people management skills and experiences
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience working with bacterial and enteric diseases is desired
- Experience in developing poultry vaccines and familiarity with poultry industry practices is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end vaccine discovery and development process
- Experience in vaccine licensure process through USDA
- Clear understanding of the constraints that govern vaccine development and commercialization
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world's food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry's most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: