Requisition ID: OUT000613
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Principal Scientist provides strategic development and use of cutting-edge mathematical and economic models to enhance understanding of vaccines and infectious diseases, to quantify, and to communicate the value of Merck's vaccines to patients, providers, payers, and policy makers. The scientist provides strategic and technical leadership using model-based scientific and business insights across all phases of drug and vaccine development. In addition, she/he serves as the Economic and Data Sciences (EDS) lead for one or more value evidence teams responsible for generation of evidence, including development of health economic, disease, and other mathematical models to enable business and scientific insights for the product.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Masters in a quantitatively-oriented discipline such as mathematical epidemiology or applied mathematics
- PhD (preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the design and development of modeling approaches to enable internal and external decisions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and effectively interact with a broad group of stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the design and analysis of mathematical models of infectious diseases and vaccination, including developing and analyzing stochastic and deterministic models, programming simulations and numerical analysis, and analyzing data
- Economic evaluation and cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Strong record of research publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Extensive experience in scientific computing and programming with software such as Mathematica, Matlab, Python, or C++.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
Other Locations: Kenilworth, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck