Location: EU Wide / Flexible, office or remote
Solution Area: Value & Access
IQVIA™ (www.IQVIA™.com) is the world's leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA™ innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the "Big Data" term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives.
IQVIA has been delivering management consulting services to the biopharma industry for over a decade. It is our sole focus on life sciences, deep expertise in key commercial and technical areas, unique access to proprietary data, and in-market presence around the world that allows us to achieve our mission of making a positive long-term impact on healthcare.
The European Strategy Consulting team is part of IQVIA's Global Consulting Services function. The team focuses on partnering with clients to support healthcare and life sciences decisions across the commercial value chain and offer them value-creating partnerships that maximize their ROI. This includes (but is not limited to) brand and commercial strategy, value and access, portfolio strategy, corporate M&A, integrated digital health and AI/ML consulting
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You'll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
As a Principal/Sr Principal within Consulting Services, you will take on a variety of roles that focus primarily within the following core areas: client/project leadership, business development, and firm/operational leadership roles.
The main focus of a principal is to deliver outstanding client service, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients that enhance the Consulting Services brand. Success will be measured by the ability to take on larger and more complex projects, while opening up new business relationships to the firm. You will work directly with clients to develop business opportunities and deliver projects ensuring that delivery results are at high levels of client satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies that address complex client issues.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organisations.
- Act as principal owner of client engagements; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Allocate direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Provide high level input and ensure development of client reports and presentations.
- Ability to deliver all or significant portions of findings to clients.
- Lead thought leadership and firm building initiatives.
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of consulting services in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications.
- Participate in annual performance review team processes.
- Engage in recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients.
Skills & Experience
- Client Relationship Management and Delivery - Principal owner of client engagements to the pricing and market access or brand and commercial functions within leading Life Sciences organizations, focused on client satisfaction and outstanding client deliverables. Proven capability to identify new revenue opportunities with existing clients.
- Team Development/Management - Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent for consulting practice teams.
- Business Development - Proven success selling complex strategy and operations engagements to the top Pharma/Life Sciences companies. Actively participate in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations.
- Pricing & Access Experience - Ability to speak in detail with C-Suite about pricing and market access in the life sciences industry segment, in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge.
- Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions at the CEO/COO/CMO level (ideally providing comprehensive and authoritative knowledge in brand/commercial services solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, and general eminence).
- Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client and competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities.
- Analytical Problem-Solving - Applies an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching logical conclusions. Gathers information from a variety of sources and quickly gains an understanding of it. Works effectively with complicated, conflicting or ambiguous information, and looks beyond the surface of issues to identify their underlying patterns and causes.
- Commercial Awareness - Considers flow of money and resources through an organization, and the need to get maximum value at each stage. Seeks to achieve commercial objectives, such as profitability, so the business can be as competitive and successful as possible.
- Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
- Management of Others - Enables others to perform. Sets a clear direction and delegates fairly and appropriately allowing direct reports the means to achieve their goals. Looks for opportunities to develop individuals by encouraging them to take on greater responsibility and make decisions for themselves.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.