We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Global Network Services team to deploy Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions across multiple data centers in the West Coast US. Reporting to the Director, Global Network Services, you will implement and support SDN solutions with a specific focus on Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI). Ideally looking for someone who has extensive knowledge in network segmentation on ACI in order to contribute to our ongoing Network Segmentation project.
In this job you will:
- Implement and support SDN solutions with a specific focus on Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure.
- Performs systems analyses and network design tasks requiring advanced techniques on the forefront of technology
- Acts as senior lead for T2/T3 engineers providing technical advice and consultation on complex network analysis, troubleshooting and implementations.
- Provide advanced level support to operation team during major incident, to resolve technical issues, perform root cause analysis and recommend solution.
- Liaise with architecture team to align on high- and low-level designs.
- Implement Global Network Services (GNS) standards by taking high level architecture designs to low level, quoting of hardware, producing bill of materials for projects and documenting the low-level design.
- Works in cross functional global teams to provide advice, support and guidance on how network technology designs and implementations will affect throughput, network security, application response times, interaction with existing systems and technologies
- Act as project leader for projects that impact multiple departments, countries and regions.
- Develop automation solutions for network systems.
- Network segmentation design, planning, and implementation
- Provide primary problem management support by receiving, troubleshooting, and solving the daily incidents and escalations reported by internal and external customers.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Perform other duties as required.
To do this you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field Required
- 10+ year's experience of networking development, implementation and support.
- CCNA - Cisco Cert Network Assoc Preferred
- CISSP - Cert Information Systems Security Prof Preferred
- ITILF - Itil Foundation 180 Days Required
- Strong experience deploying SDN solutions across multiple data centres with Cisco ACI experience.
- Advanced Cisco routing and switching as well as Identity Services Engine, Unified Wireless and other Cisco technologies
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco ACI, and Nexus Data Center platforms including experience with network segmentation and zero trust network access strategies.
- Experience with DevOps and automation platforms including scripting with Cisco ACI using XML, JSON, Postman, Ansible, Python and other API based systems
- Experience with security technologies such as Palo Alto firewall and Panarama, F5 load balancers, WAF and DDoS protection
- Knowledge of Cloud Engineering Platforms - AWS Direct Connect, Azure
- Administration of services such as DNS and Domain Name management.
- Branch office automation experience with Cisco DNA - other vendors a plus
- Possess strong task/timeline-oriented skills to ensure projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), and technical skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across multiple global teams.
- Ability to manage budgets and complete procurement activities on projects.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA's ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
New York City Pay Transparency : The salary range for this role is $104,200 - $140,900.The actual salary will vary based on factors like candidate qualifications and competencies.