PRN Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - CCC
- On referral, evaluate the impact of available resident information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of the resident to determine and diagnose communicative deficits and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment program based on the initial evaluation and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines, and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental records.
- Instruct aides in appropriate procedures and provide supervision in accordance with applicable State law.
- Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
- Revise the resident's treatment program, as needed, based upon resident performance.
- Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
- Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
- Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident at home following discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
- Attend and participate, or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, resident satisfaction surveys, safety activities and regulations.
- Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare's regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide quality care to residents.
- Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocate therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and outcomes related to discharge destination.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement guidelines.
- Support the company's commitment to Compassionate Care; project a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehabilitation Program.
- Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping others.
- Maintain the expected productivity level that has been discussed and is expected for your position at your particular facility/facilities.
- Master's Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Hold a current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
- Must maintain valid state Speech Language Pathology licensure
Recruiter : Email Addresswdeck@healthpro-heritage.com