About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Diabetes Finished Products (DFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at DFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At DFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Improve system & equipment reliability for the core processes to meet all customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Process Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Coaching & mentoring peers, Engineering & Process Maintenance Technicians
- Support technical development of Process Maintenance Techs & Technical Area Specialists
- Employ advanced cLEAN® tools within the main areas of problem solving, project & change management
- Lead cross-functional process improvements
- Develop plans to improve the performance of a process or set of systems, using green belt concepts
- Develop & manage project budget for improvements for a process or set of systems
- Support event response activities
- Supports implementation of better practices & participates in sharing knowledge across all DFP sites for improvement projects
- Maintain & establish standards for procedures & maintenance plans
- Support global DFP collaboration initiatives
BS in Engineering/related field or Equivalent (experience + education).
- 5-8+ years engineering experience in Maintenance, Design, Process Improvement, Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: Instrument & Electrical, Mechanical, Control/SCADA/PLCs, Process Improvement Methodologies, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of maintenance activities, following up on results, & revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
Novo Nordisk requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by December 8, 2021. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive change. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees to change the lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.