- Responsible for all the financial aspects of assigned projects
- Partners with Project team to ensure timely execution of projects on budget, assists in troubleshooting issues within the project and the resultant action plan
- Provide financial analytical support to project teams, including the assessment of project overruns and related recoverability
- Prepare certain financial analysis reports, including forecast to actual analysis, and prepare related commentary to financial, planning and analysis team.
- Accountable for the accuracy of project forecasts.
- Partner with project teams to prepare and communicate monthly forecasts
- Assist in the revenue close process, including the calculation of revenue earned during the month and proper recording in the Company's financial system (i.e., RRDM)
- Assist in the development and review of financial documentation required for initial proposals and change orders
- Collect, track, and verify the accuracy of data used for calculating revenue
- Prepare cash flow analyses at the onset of a proposal to ensure requirements with INC/inVentiv's cash flow policy (i.e., maintain positive cash flow throughout the life of a study)
- Review monthly project invoicing detail and coordinate timely invoicing with billing department
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as requested by Project Managers and/or Department Heads
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, business or financial discipline
- Three to five years of relevant finance or accounting experience, project accounting/analysis a plus.
- Extremely proficient in Excel and able to use other Microsoft office tools (Word, powerpoint, etc.)
- Good verbal and written language skills