Project Financial Analyst
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We're a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you'll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you've dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you'll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients' lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn't just a number, they're our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Records revenue each month for Unit, Fee for Service and Fixed Price contracts; Assignments include complex contracts/projects;
- Loads project budgets into Oracle and maintains other project data in Oracle and associated systems and schedules;
- Prepares project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results;
- Coordinates monthly forecasting of financial results (backlog);
- Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals;
- Serves as a key contact point for interpretation and investigation of financial results in assigned area for Project Mangers, Project Leads and Business Unit Heads;
- Run P&Ls (Profit and Loss), G/L (General Ledger) account details, and Project level reports in order to investigate and resolve anomalies and unusual trends; and
- Reviews executed and proposed Contracts, Letter Agreements, Work Orders, Change Orders and other contract information as assigned. Approves pending Change Orders for assigned studies.
- Captures, assesses and consolidates results; and Prepares key reports such as annual cost and expense budgets, cost rates, cost and expense forecasting, monthly utilization, resourcing requirements, headcount , revenue backlog analysis, and/or gross profit for assigned area;
- Analyzes monthly results and assists Business Unit Controller (BUC) in reviews with Business Unit Heads to evaluate performance on a monthly basis;
- Participates in the annual budgeting process including the creation and/or review of budget versus actual numbers; and Produces ad hoc reports independently.
- Responsible for working capital management for assigned projects
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent education and experience. Pharmaceutical or CRO experience preferred.
- Strong English proficiency.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages is necessary and experience with Oracle Finance is preferred.
- Requires exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Excellent financial, communication, and interpersonal skills are as well as a high level of personal motivation to achieve.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data is required.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines and provide leadership to less senior staff.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.