About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications. It’s not your average production site – it’s a tight-knit, supportive community working together to contribute to a better tomorrow for our patients. Ethics and quality are held in the highest regard, and a patient-focused mindset guides everything we do. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters with a strong work ethic to join our team. At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This individual is responsible for managing and executing small to medium scale ($<2MM) projects or specific elements of larger scale projects ($>5MM) from scope development and project planning through project closeout. Accountable for engaging project teams and leveraging of available resources to deliver assigned project objectives. Lead efforts to analyze "as is" state, make recommendations for improvement and coordinate the development and implementation of "future state" processes. Act as central resource for information flow between project stakeholders.
Reports to: According to the organizational chart.
Number of subordinates with direct/indirect referral: n/a
- Planning and coordination of the project deliverables and project team on a day-to-day basis, and act as the central resource for team communication
- Lead project scope and deliverables definition in concert with project champion and key stakeholders
- Develop, communicate, and manage adherence to project scope, schedule and budget
- Accountable for the documentation, communication and mitigation strategy development for risks to schedule, scope, resources, budget and quality. In coordination with project champion, conducts start-up meeting with project team to identify roles and responsibilities
- Establish appropriate Key Success Indicators for the project and manage trade-offs between scope, quality, schedule and cost to achieve them
- Work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities, Manufacturing Sciences & Analytical Technology, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Validation, on project teams to facilitate design, transfer, and start-up of manufacturing or business process changes
- Develop and administer scope, budget, schedule, and performance metrics for all projects under guidance of tenured project manager
- Lead cross functional teams focused on improving manufacturing or business processes, troubleshooting current processes, or development and transfer of new processes
- Contribute to the development of tools/techniques to enhance the project management processes
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System when repair, re-design or change of validated systems take place (develop and manage change control documentation)
- Assure that all activities comply with established company and/or regulatory procedures, practices and guidelines
- Provide support, through training and coaching, in the area of project management and/or Lean techniques for staff of other departments to foster skill set development
- Lead the tracking and reporting of project activities, such as status reporting, resource allocation, milestone reporting, and benefit tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
- Incorporate the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required. The ability to climb, balance, stand, walk, and finger. The ability to speak, listen, and understand verbal and written communication. Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers. Lifting up to 33lbs/15kg of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations. The working environment includes a variety of physical conditions including: noise, inside and outside conditions including temperatures below 32 degrees F; close proximity to manufacturing equipment, moving parts, moving vehicles, and chemicals; atmospheric conditions including: odors, fumes, and dust. The ability to function in narrow hallways and spaces.
- Education and Certifications
- Master’s Degree (Master of Science/Master of Business Administration) or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an engineering or scientific discipline. Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)/ regulated pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, preferred
- Work Experience
- Project experience in a matrix management environment with specific experience in development, validation, start-up and continuous improvement of manufacturing facilities, processes or analytical testing methods is required
- Experience with the use of Lean/Six Sigma and/or Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodologies and tools in the context of project planning, execution and controlling
- Experience with the development use of project ranking methodology to facilitate informed project selection
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact with functional peer groups at various levels from plant floor to management
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and to navigate teams to data driven decisions and resolutions of complex issues
- Adaptability to respond to changes in project expectations in a methodical and professional manner
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.