Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 69842
Provides comprehensive care and consultation as a primary mental health care provider at an advanced practice level to children and their families through assessment, communication, clinical management, collaboration, coordination, and staff education. Provides a full range of services, from mental health promotion to psychiatric consultation services.
The PRN staff would work at Scottish Rite or Egleston campus depending on patient acuity and coverage needs. No maximum or minimum required shifts per year. Seeking a flexible team member to work in a Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry role seeing patients admitted to Children's for primary medical needs. Weekday coverage is needed, and possible weekend coverage will be needed. Hours are typically 7:30-8:00am start time and 3:30-4:30pm end time, Monday through Friday, with flexible weekend hours. Our model is a collaborative team approach with attending child and adolescent psychiatrists and trainees.
- Provides a full range of comprehensive patient care management, within a collaborative practice model inclusive of psychotherapy, clinical supervision, consultation, and liaison services.
- Provides culturally sensitive patient care that is in accordance with state licensure and regulations and is based upon the standards of practice as defined by APRN certifying agencies of ANCC and PNCB.
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates care of the pediatric patient, working collaboratively with other health professionals using approaches that recognize each one’s expertise to meet the needs of the patients.
- Consistently works to eliminate communication barriers, participating as a key member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Serves as an educational resource for patients, families, health care professionals, students, and lay public regarding area of clinical subspecialty. Assists in development, creation, and implementation of educational programs.
- Participates in identification and development of programs within clinical specialty at service line, system, and/or regional levels as required by the service line.
- Utilizes research to identify, examine, and evaluate creative approaches to health care, with the goal of improved outcomes for the patient and family. Participates in continuous quality improvement based upon professional practice standards and inclusive of relevant statutes and regulations.
- Expands clinical and professional knowledge base. Recognizes the importance of participation in professional organizations. Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and the maintenance of professional competence and credentials. Continuously conducts self-evaluation of advanced nursing practice skills in an effort to ensure competent clinical care and continued self-development.
- Participates in and complies with hospital/departmental policies, regulations, and programs. Assists in the development, implementation, management, marketing, and evaluation of a program of specialty and/or overall program.
- Master’s degree in nursing with Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practicioner specialty (will consider CNS certification applicants)
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the state of Georgia
• Current national certification as a clinical nurse specialist in psychiatric/mental health or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP-BC) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
• Biennial renewal of Georgia Board of Nursing authorization to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
• Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 60 days of hire
- No minimum experience required
- Two years’ experience in pediatric mental health nursing
- Experience as a PMHNP-BC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Proficiency in pediatric physical and mental health assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency is typing and computer skills
- Prefer experience with Epic platform
- Prefer experience in consultation-liaison psychiatry
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.WORKING CONDITIONS*Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Advanced Practice Providers - Nurse Practitioner/Phys Assist