Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for major, local, federal and national hospitals and home health facilities. We strive to hire the best possible Healthcare Professional for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates! A motivated Pulmonologist for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care center in Biloxi, MS!
Requirements to be considered for the position
- Must be an American
- Physician (s) shall Board Certified /Board Eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Pulmonary Disease
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or equivalency
- Copies of current CMEs
- Must have two years or more experience within the last 2 years
- Must have an Active License within any State
- All Immunizations must be up to date including TB and Hepatitis B vaccination
- No Hits on License (No exceptions with the Government)
- Must have graduated from an Accredited Medical School or Program
To be discussed over the phone
Hours of Operation:
VA Business Hours 0800-1630, Monday – Friday for Clinics
Clinic or Operating Room (OR) Schedule: Onsite ICU Coverage from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The contractor is expected to wear professional clothing while on duty (scrub uniforms are approved).
Contract employees shall agree to all regulations prescribed by the VA for the safety of patients and staff.
- The contractor shall be responsible for, but is not limited to:
- physician (s)shall provide clinical pulmonary services. physician (s)shall be present on time for any scheduled clinics/surgeries as documented by physical presence in the clinic or operating room at the scheduled start time.
- Examine patients to diagnose and treat ailments and disorders relating to the lungs.
- Prescribe medications, inhalers, oxygen therapy, or mechanical ventilation.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of serious physical, emotional, or mental problems.
- Physician (s)shall be present in the operating suite for all Pulmonary procedures
- Physician (s)shall provide comprehensive clinical Pulmonary services including the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary disease
- Physician rounds shall be conducted on postoperative ENT patients in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) and on the wards.
- Physician (s)shall provide consultative services at the patient’s bedside if the patient is not ambulatory and, in the clinic, setting if the patient is able to report to the outpatient clinic.
- Physician (s)shall follow all established medication policies and procedures. No sample medications shall be provided to patients.
- Recommend changes to diet, exercise, and home to reduce allergies, improve oxygenation and other concerns.
- Quality of care should always meet professional standards at all time.
To Be Considered for the Opportunity, Please Submit the Required Documents below via email, to move forward:
- Updated CV
- 3 Professional References
- BLS/ACLS Certification (Front & Back)
- DEA Certification
- NPI #
- State License