About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. As a result, our employees embark on life-changing careers with opportunities for mobility and growth within a global organization. At Novo Nordisk, you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry.
Our new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. Are you ready to help make what matters? Then, we are ready for you!
Day to day support of procurement processes to ensure compliance with financial controls & procurement policies. Works with stakeholders (LoB, local finance & GBS team members) to resolve issues with suppliers, purchase orders & invoices to ensure timely order to pay process.
- Liaison between GBS AP & procurement teams, local finance & LoB
- Support LoB to resolve pricing, quality & delivery issues with suppliers (purchase orders & invoices)
- Recommend changes to existing workflow & processes to ensure efficient & compliant operations
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- AA/AS/AAS degree in Logistics, Business or equivalent industrial, military, or vocational training combined with experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of purchasing or closely related (planning/inventory/control/finance) responsibilities in a process manufacturing environment
- SAP background in logistics & business modules
- Proficient in basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to self-prioritize & organize work based on priorities expressed by cross functional teams
- Ability to execute standard work routinely & effectively
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven process improvement skills/ability lead departmental process improvement projects
- Problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Ability to work on a computer for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to work hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing environment
- Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.