Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Hughes Spalding
Requisition #: 71529
Provides leadership and management of clinical and business operations for hospital-based radiology services. Provides guidance and direction to staff for the purpose of planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling activities for the provision of quality services. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Bachelor's degree in radiology, nursing, or related from accredited college or university
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist certification/registry
- Eight years of clinical experience with significant experience in radiology
- Three years of experience in management/supervisory in a healthcare environment
- Experience in establishing effective relationships with radiologists or other physicians
- Master's degree in healthcare management, business, or a life science
- Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA)
- Experience in hospital operations and clinical pediatrics
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to plan effectively, balance multiple tasks, improve processes, work within stringent timeframes, and execute projects to completion
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Broad use of independent judgment and responsibility
- Solid budgeting and financial skills
- Excellent communication, follow-up, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates leadership practices and provides guidance to radiology team.
- Collaborates with director to develop and execute strategic plans for radiology services by assessing current technologies and existing programs to enhance profitability, efficiency, and service levels.
- Manages and develops overall operations of designated areas of responsibility to ensure standard of care across system is consistent and quality/timely services are provided by monitoring outcomes, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors goals and objectives consistent with the goals of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Oversees all aspects of the revenue cycle in areas of responsibility to ensure accuracy and completion of all processes by participating in financial planning and budget development in compliance with budgetary and fiscal goals and guidelines.
- Directs allocation of resources in compliance with budgetary and fiscal goals, monitors budget performance on an ongoing basis, and recommends or takes corrective action if necessary.
- Develops strategies that promote customer satisfaction for internal customers, referring physicians, and patients and serve as an opportunity to create positive outcomes with customers by evaluating provided services to ensure services meet customer needs and exploring options to implement new services if necessary.
- Develops employee growth and development plans based on organizational and departmental goals.
- Provides frequent and timely feedback on performance and development to all direct reports.
- Assists direct reports with developing staffing and scheduling plans to provide quality care and service.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with organizational leaders and other healthcare professionals to provide a continuum of care.
- Provides collaborative resolution of technical and personnel problems.
- Incorporates shared decision making as situations allow.
- Is responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team, including interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentors team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourages ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 35 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Function: Allied Health - Radiology