Registered Behavior Technician
REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN
The Arc of Union County, Inc. is a non-profit, 501c (3) organization headquartered in Springfield, NJ, dedicated to the lives of individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc serves more than 1,000 adults and children each month from the 21 towns in Union County, as well as the greater Northern and Central NJ counties. The Arc of Union County is seeking a dynamic Registered Behavior Technician to support our team.
- Bachelors Degree in related field required.
- RBT certification required.
- 2+ years of experience working with IDD population (documented) and in the development and implementation of behavioral support plans.
- Knowledge of Positive Behavioral Supports.
- Ability to facilitate Functional Behavioral Assessments.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- One on One observation and interactions with our individuals.
- Facilitation of Functional Behavioral Assessments, Prevention Plans, and Support plans, as needed.
- Support department staff on implementation of behavioral management plans.
- Assist with content development for progress reports for consumer’s immediate support group, including their family and/or guardian, staff, employment specialist, case manager, and other professionals.
- Actively participate in treatment team meetings, ensuring a person-centered approach to care.
- Document treatment notes and completes semi-annual summaries of consumer's progress.
- Review and implement behavior support plans as indicated by the individual's progress and needs and with the treatment team's recommendations.
- Support and encourage consumers to increase his/her ability to problem solve and to be as independent as possible.
- Provide crisis management services as necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds may occasionally assist with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision and Life)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
Qualified candidates send resume to: Csingletary@arcunion.org