Registered Dietitian 2
Are you a Registered Dietitian ready to impact the lives of students and faculty at a large University?
is seeking a
in our University division supporting the campus dining programs for Sodexo at UVM and providing dining support and individualized meal planning for students required to be on the meal plan (5500 on meal plan, 9800 total students).
This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the General Manager, this RD will:
- Act as the nutrition resource for the Sodexo wellness programs and ensures their full implementation (i. e. Mindful program, Simple Servings, My Kitchen and MyZone). Develops educational events and presents at various UVM programs.
- Responsible for meeting with students and parents of students with special dietary needs and support their transition to eating in campus dining which may include: food allergies, healthy eating, sports nutrition, food access, preferences including sustainability and vegetarian/vegan.
- Assists culinary team in understanding special dietary accommodations, menus, and products. Works collaboratively with the culinary team to ensure that all special dietary meals are prepared according to accommodation needs, including cultural preferences. Provides in-services to all staff members on food allergies, avoiding cross contact, and best practices for providing gluten-free offerings on campus.
- Provides individual meal planning to students that are on the meal plan. Availability for one-on-one appointments with students to provide nutrition counseling and education on making healthy and appropriate choices based on their specific needs. Also provide dining hall tours to prospective students and parents.
- Collaborate with other departments across campus to ensure a coordinated approach to the students' well-being. Will act as preceptor for the food service rotation for the UVM MSRD program, an accredited dietetic internship program.
- The candidate will possess the ability to work well independently as well as with teams. They should have familiarity with special diets, special dietary products, proper menu labeling and signage and other special dietary resources.
- Attends monthly Sodexo Campus Dietitian calls.
- Utilizes Nutritionist Pro to calculate nutrition analysis for unique menus. Ensures nutritional accuracy of menu labeling across campus.
Do not miss this opportunity to learn more about job opportunities in Sodexo. For more information, visit us at: http://www.sodexousacareersblog.com/2016/03/gain-insight-into-your-diete...
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.Join a team of dietitians who are passionate about their profession, with patients at the heart of everything we do. As the largest private employer of dietitians we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition servicesKey Duties-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met. -Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy. -Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary. -Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice. -Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitianSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.