At the Federal Bureau of Prisons' Detention Center in Miami, Florida the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care services in accordance with legal, ethical and institution standards. Provides nursing care of a general nature to inmates in the institution hospital/clinic, and may be provided to patients in specific areas, e.g., psychiatric, operating room, orthopedics, geriatrics, etc.
Grade 05: Bachelors of Science in Nursing; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 1 year of RN work experience.
Grade 07: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 1 year of RN work experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 2 years of RN experience; OR, 1 year of graduate education in Nursing with no experience.
Grade 09: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 2 years of RN experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 3 years of RN experience.
Grade 10: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 3 years of RN experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 4 years of RN experience; OR, Masters Degree in Nursing with no work experience.
Work Environment: Federal Prison
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) during a 3-week training program. The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions
- 40 hour work week
- Paid Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding & requires agency approval)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave
Salary Ranges (base pay):
Grade 05: $44,565– $55,402
Grade 07: $50,730 - $64,160
Grade 09: $56,577 - $72,999
Grade 10: $62,305- $80,389
Salary is based on multiple factors including: the Grade level, available pay incentives, and current/most recent pay for employment as a registered nurse.