Location: Gallup, NM
Practice Type: Intensive Care Unit RN
Start Date: As soon as credentialing is complete
Contract: Temp - Perm (26-52 weeks)
Hours of Performance: Monday – Friday (8am-5pm)
Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC) is a 99-bed hospital in Gallup, New Mexico, on the border of the Navajo Reservation. Clinical specialties at GIMC include Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Anesthesia, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, and Urology. The workload at Gallup is one of the largest in the Indian Health Service with 250,000 outpatient encounters and 5,800 inpatient admissions annually. GIMC has the largest staff of all Navajo Area IHS facilities.
- Current, valid, unrestricted nursling license
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certified in accordance with American Red Cross
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certified
- 36 months of nursing experience, with a minimum of 2 years in ICU department
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.