Cavalier Workforce.is a specialty Healthcare Staffing company. We have relationships with all major healthcare facilities and practices across the country, offering a wide array of job opportunities which includes – Registered Nurses, LPN, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Technologists, Physicians, Pharmacist etc. Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. You can get your dream job easily with Cavalier Workforce. Start your life-changing experience today
Title : RN Labor and Delivery
Shift : 6:45 pm – 7:30 am
Location : Newburgh NY
Duration : Permanent with one of the major hospitals
Rate : Negotiable
This is a full-time, night shift position with one of the major hospitals providing full continuity of care in Labor & Delivery, located at Newburgh, NY
- At least one year of acute care RN experience in Labor & Delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
- Current New York State RN license
- BCLS/BLS certification
- The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery of optimal patient care utilizing the Nursing Process, and adhering to standards of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs initial assessment on all admitted laboring and non-laboring ante-partum patients
- Screens patients for pain during the initial assessment and reassess according to guidelines.
- Categorizes patients in the appropriate level of classification.
- Applies external fetal monitor and interprets fetal heart tracing and uterine activity.
- Implements intervention appropriately based on fetal heart rate pattern and maternal status during labor.
- Identifies emergency situations, observes age and notifies provider accordingly.
- Administers medication according to the 5 rights of safety and infection control guidelines and or per Provider's orders.
- Collaborates patient care with other disciplines accordingly.
- Assists the physicians/midwife during a delivery.
- Demonstrates efficiency in circulating as well as scrubbing in the OR.
- Follows sterile techniques during scrubbing and circulating.
- Exhibits and understands established standard of care for both high and low risk obstetrical
- Patients. Assesses monitors and evaluates patients' behavior for high risks criteria. Applies appropriate level of observation based on identified risk factors.
- Provides initial care of the newborn of delivery.
- Facilitates mother-infant bonding including initiation breast feeding.
- Monitors the homodynamic status of the postpartum and post cesarean patient in the Recovery Room.
- Assesses learning needs preferences. Promote patient education at the most appropriate time.
- Identities patient/family learning needs (age appropriate), and teaches appropriate principles and procedures related to care in relation to age.
- Demonstrates knowledge on restraints guidelines.
- Demonstrates awareness and acceptance of cultural diversity in patients' population and workforce.
- Provides patients education accordingly.
- Identifies and demonstrate technique on interpersonal/team building.
- Assesses, monitors and evaluates patient's response on sedation analgesic with consideration on age specific needs.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits . Start your life-changing journey today