The RN functions within the full scope of licensure to implement the nursing process. The RN will assess patient and family needs, develop a plan of care based on assessment, direct implementation of the plans of care for a group of patients, collaborate with the charge nurse and care team, and evaluate effectiveness of the care plan. Duties will include administration of medications, performing prescribed treatments, managing medical equipment, assisting with patient ADL (activities of daily living) including lifting, turning, and mobilizing patients.
The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospital’s goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures. Five primary domains define nursing care at MHLB: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. Evaluation is based on patient satisfaction scores, national quality measures and clinical competency and overall job performance.
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
2. Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
3. Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
4. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
5. Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
6. Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
7. Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
8. Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MHA and/or own vehicle used on Association business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
9. Must also meet department specific requirements for applicable department (See Department Specific Requirement below).
Labor and Delivery:
1. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within six (6) months of hire.
2. Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification required within 90 days of hire.
3 Current fetal monitoring certification or must obtain within twelve (12) months of hire.
4. Minimum of six (6) months prior Mother/Baby (postpartum) experience or the ability to complete MHLB’s Clinical Nurse Resident program
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
2. National certification in area of specialty.
3. One (1) year experience in Labor and Delivery
Primary Location: California, Central Valley, Los Banos
Organization: Memorial Hospital Los Banos
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 72
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.