Cavalier Workforce.is a specialty Healthcare Staffing company. We have relationships with all major healthcare facilities and practices across the country, offering a wide array of job opportunities which includes – Registered Nurses, LPN, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Technologists, Physicians, Pharmacist etc. Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. You can get your dream job easily with Cavalier Workforce. Start your life-changing experience today
Title: Respiratory Therapist - Travel (7pm-7am)
14 weeks. Shift: 7p-7a; will work 4 weekend days in a 6 week period; will be on call 3 shifts in a 6 week period. BLS, RRT, ACLS, NRP required. PALS desired.
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physician’s orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
• Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
• Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
• Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
• Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
• Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
• Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
• Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.