Title: Operating Room Registered Nurse
Location: 1 Hoag Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92663
Duration: Permanent Full-time Opportunity
Shift: 2nd Shift – 14:30 – 23:00
Below is the JD and additional information about Client:
Our Client Newport Beach OR features 18 beds and offers a nurse to patient ratio of 1:1. You will serve the pediatric, adult and geriatric population requiring surgical or procedural intervention, as well as those patients in maternal health. As RN you may care for patients requiring the following service: Neurosurgery, Orthopedic, General, Gynecology, EENT (Eyes, ears, nose & throat), Gastroenterology, Plastic, Hepatobiliary, Thoracic, Vascular, and Urology. Patients may require inpatient or outpatient surgeries in multi-specialties with acuity levels ranging from healthy to elective and/or emergent, to critical and/or end of life.
Other duties may include:
- Assessing and documenting a complete physical assessment, nursing interventions, and teaching and discharge needs for patients assigned to each shift, utilizing documentation guidelines, Standards of Care and Pathway goals.
- Communicating changes in the patient's condition to the Charge Nurse/Supervisor and the physician directing care, as well as pertinent information at shift report using the patient Plan of Care (POC).
- Providing continuity of care through the implementation and utilization of the POC.
- Responding to emergency situations in a timeframe appropriate to the needs of each patient.
- Administering medications and intravenous therapy with the ability to assess the appropriate indication dosing and effects of the medication administered.
- Assessing the educational ability/level for the patient, incorporating available educational material into patient/significant other teaching and documenting understanding in the patient record.
Client nurses consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel in patient treatment and nursing, and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
- Active California RN License.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). If you haven't obtained a BSN upon hire, you will be asked to begin a BSN program within one year of the hire date and obtain your BSN within two years of starting the program.
- A minimum of two (2) years of acute care experience in an Operating Room as a Circulating Nurse.
- On-call availability.
- Additional skills and knowledge of various equipment and software may be required.
- CNOR certification.
- RN License in CA – Required
- BLS – Required
- BSN (may start without; need to enroll in program within 1 year of hire, and complete within 3 years of hire) – Required
- 2 years' acute care exp as OR Circulator – Required
- CNOR Cert – Desired